Saturday, November 26, 2005

Focus

Well, I have a confirmed new job at a higher grade and met all my colleagues in the UK yesterday. It all sounds like I should be feeling enthusiastic but, they haven’t managed to convince me yet. We’ll have to wait and see – next week will bring lots more news and might clear the mist a bit.

This week has flown past and has been absolutely exhausting – hence the lack of posts here or at any of my usual on-line haunts. Hopefully I can summon up some energy to get round them all today and also try and catch up with the poetry course I am supposed to be doing! Mind you, I also have a huge stack of books to list for sale on eBay, and my new choice from PBS has arrived, and I’m reading Edith’s Wharton’s The House of Mirth, and Dickens' Bleak House is just waiting to be read and, Henry James' The American is calling me but must finish the last chapter of Roderick Hudson first and… M-u-s-t f-o-c-u-s!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you've made some positive progress! Quite worried for you :¬)
You and Henry seem to have been made for each other ;¬D B