Saturday, December 31, 2005

Barbara's Habits


Although Ms Smith makes out here that she is untidy, I happen to know that she brings a high level of organisation to everything she touches…

Right, lets see if I got this right - I have to list my top five weird (according to whom?) habits, pass them back to you and your list and pass it on to a new five... too...okay lets see...

  1. Interfering. No matter what my partner does, I am always convinced I can do it better. Whether it's driving or cooking, I can't keep my mouth shut and have to make some comment (usually not complimentary!), suggesting ways and methods of improving things!

  2. Compiling mental lists that are more tiring than actually doing the things... I do this every day and if I'm in a particularly bad mood, I can convince myself that there's little point in doing anything (especially in winter).

  3. Free floating imaginings prior to sleep/lucid dreaming. I used to be quite good at this when I was younger, but now I'm often so tired/stressed when I go to bed that I either pass out or can't quite slip into that alpha zone that is required.

  4. Picking up/out turns of phrase in other peoples speech. I love hearing a new way of putting things or a treasured 'family' expression for the first time. I rarely remember it consciously, but it may pop up again in either my own speech or in my writings at a later stage.

  5. Letting my own bedroom become so untidy that it requires mountain climbing gear to get in the door. I have done this since I was a little girl. I really enjoy having a good clear out and tidy up and keeping it all immaculate for about one-two weeks afterwards and then allowing things to accumulate slowly. That's not to say that I don't know where anything is - I do, much to the annoyance of children sent to find things for me. I think it has to do with having a mental compilation of the room like a mind map! (That's my excuse!)
PS. I thought I was the only one who enjoyed sitting in weird positions... not terribly good for the circulation - but I've always enjoyed 'pins and needles' afterwards and waiting for your leg to stop 'feeling funny' before it can be walked on again...

No comments: