Saturday, April 22, 2006

Chilled


Apart from the one day when I had to go into work to deal with everyone’s annual pay review, this week has been really good. I badly needed a rest and some time to myself as work has had me fairly frazzled for the past 18 months (and only the last 4 months have been busy in a good way). I have been feeling guilty that I haven’t used my time off work to get other stuff done (like proper housework rather than the weekly scoot round with the vacuum) but, for once, I’ve managed to ignore it and relax properly, just doing what I feel like doing.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time at the latter end of the week at PFFA critiquing, and have really enjoyed it – I had got badly out of practice. Strangely, I haven’t had a real urge to write myself – I usually have lots of ideas when I’m properly relaxed. However, I’m not concerned – I’m beginning to understand that moods to write, read and critique come and go, and it’s more fruitful to go with them than to fight them. How very Zen of me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to see you getting some well earned time off!

The time for doing and the time for being is just the way it is with writing, nor can it really be explained properly!?!

Unknown said...

I posted a feicin comment here earlier... never mind!

Messalina said...

Hi Barbara,

Two comments are appearing in my view...

Thank you for the kind words :o) I'm enjoying another long weekend too - English bank holidays - gotta love 'em!