Sunday, June 04, 2006

Garbo


Ever felt like you just wanted to be left alone? For once, I'm using one of my own pictures on the blog - this is one of my cats - Elijah. Now he's fully grown, he can't squeeze himself into the bookshelves but, he still has plenty of Garbo moments.

As evidenced by a distinct lack of entries here over the last few weeks, I am seriously struggling with my writing at the moment. The causes are simple enough – lack of time, lack of energy, lack of inspiration (yes, I do believe that is necessary) and the presence of a nasty cold virus.

Anyway, in an effort to share something with the world, I thought I’d share my favourite banana loaf recipe – Walnut, Date and Honey Cake:

Put all this stuff in a bowl:

8oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
6oz softened butter
4oz light muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
2 beaten eggs
2 medium ripe bananas (about 9oz in their skins) – mashed
4 oz stoned and chopped dates

Mix it all up together, beat for 2 minutes, and stick it in a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin. Level the top, scatter over 50g of chopped walnuts, and bake for 1 hour at 160C/Gas 3. The top will feel firm when done. Let it rest in the tin for 10 mins before turning out to cool and, when cool, drizzle the top with more honey.

Fabulous eaten warm too, but very good the next day – the bananas keep the cake really moist.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum-yum-yum!

Gonna try this out tomorrow - on the kids. If they die, its your fault! ;¬)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

M

You ok?

Rob (pffa)

14/09/2006