Sunday, May 07, 2006

Jumpin'


The Red Hot Chili Pepper’s new album is out – my copy is en route from Amazon – so what a great excuse to revisit their other albums.

I was horribly disappointed with By The Way – there are probably only three tracks on there that I really liked, and I think the disappointment was doubled by having enjoyed Californication so much before it. Apparently, Flea has made the comment somewhere that if you don’t like Stadium Arcadium, you don’t like the RHCPs – I take that as a very positive indication for content!

I’ve also been reading Anthony Kiedis’ autobiography, Scar Tissue and quite enjoying it – following a shaky start. At first, I thought he was making a lot of the stuff up (like having Cher as a baby sitter) but, he’s probably not – some people’s lives really are that insane.

So having got the albums off the CD shelves, I couldn’t resist burning a compilation CD with my favourite RHCP tracks, interspersed with the likes of Nirvana and Queens of the Stone Age. Driving to work yesterday, the wing mirrors were jumping – brilliant.

1 comment:

Eloise said...

I've heard that the new album is a return to an old RHCP style, Freaky Styley and Uplift MoFo-esque as opposed to the dull stuff the last one spouted out.
Weird to think about them again, they remind me so much of being 15, as I went to see them play for my birthday.
Eloise